Did you know Edinburgh was known as Athens of the North?
With our summer season fast approaching, we’re looking for tour guides to join our team.
Edinburgh Bus Tours is one of Scotland’s top paid-for visitor attractions offering a five star visitor experience to over 700,000 visitors from all over the world discover.
We offer 5 different tours, each one creating a unique and memorable experience for our visitors.
Our Guides are responsible for providing an entertaining and informative tour of Edinburgh on our open top buses; although no written script is provided, guidelines will be provided for the content of the tours, and guides must have the ability to interpret the cultural heritage of the City.
Tour Guide Requirements
– A good cultural knowledge of Edinburgh and its history.
– Good customer focus to understand, anticipate and deliver to customers’ needs and expectations.
– Can communicate effectively using a varied tone of voice to capture audience attention.
– Displays a high standard of personal appearance, tidiness and time keeping.
– Actively supports and contributes to the Edinburgh Bus Tours team.
What’s in it for you as our Tour Guide?
– £10.00 p/h
– Travel in Edinburgh and surrounding areas for FREE with your Ridacard valid on all our buses and Edinburgh Trams.
– Opportunity to return the following season.
The hours per week vary, as do the days worked and all guides are part time. To help you look the part, a full uniform will be provided
Before you hit the apply button, please note, July and August are our peak times and we are unable to give holidays during this time.
So if you want to be part of the journey, we would love to hear from you