It’s almost August which means it’s almost time for this year’s Edinburgh Festival Fringe!
Edinburgh is a fantastic place to visit at any time of year but at this time of year it’s extra special….. as long as you’re prepared for it.
Here’s our ten tips for anyone visiting this August.
1. Wear comfortable shoes and bring layers! Everyone knows you can experience four seasons in one day in Edinburgh… and you will do a lot of walking.
2. Visit the Half Price Hut at The Mound to grab bargain tickets to a random show. It’s definitely worth a gamble.
3. Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the street performances – you get the best views of the performers from the top deck on one of our open top buses.
4. Try out the local bars and restaurants – you never know who you might bump into in Edinburgh during the Festival and who can give you the best insider show tips.
5. Download the TfE travel app. It will help you locate all the venues and tell you the best way to get to them.
6. There are hundreds of shows in the Free Fringe where you pay what you think is a fair price for the show you have seen. Give it a try.
7. Collect your tickets in advance. There are ticket collection points located throughout the city centre – any of the Edinburgh Bus Tours team will be able to help you find the closest one.
8. Be on time for your shows or you could be heckled or not even get in!
9. Remember there’s more to Edinburgh then just the Fringe. Take a few hours away from the shows to see how beautiful our City is. Take a seat on the top deak and let us tell you all about it’s intriguing stories and history.
10. Have fun