There have been many big budget movies filmed in iconic Edinburgh locations such as Princes Street, the Royal Mile and Leith.
To make it easy for you to find where your favourite movie was filmed, we’ve put together a list of 10 classic film locations that you can see on our bus tours, along with the stop you need to hop off at to get that all important on the spot selfie!
1. The Scottish Parliament – Edinburgh Tour Stop 3 and City Sightseeing Stop 10
In Trainspotting 2, Renton and Sick Boy visited the Parliament to try and secure funding for a business idea.
2. Princes Street – Edinburgh Tour Stop 1, Majestic Tour Stop 1 and City Sightseeing Stop 1
Princes Street can be scent in the iconic run scene in Trainspotting, The famous Jenners Department Store appears in The Illusionist and the Caledonion Hotel at the West End appears in Angles Share.
3. Inverleith Park – Majestic Tour Stop 3
This is where the Scotland-Ireland athletics were filmed for Chariots of Fire.
4. The Grassmarket – Edinburgh Tour Stop 8 and City Sightseeing Stop 3
There is a scene in the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie where Maggie smith tells her class about Mary Queen of Scots.
5. The Mound – Edinburgh Tour Stop 1 and City Sightseeing Stop 1
Look out for the scene in Sunshine on Leith where Davy and Yvonne sing the Proclaimers song 500 miles and where part of the motorbike chase in Restless Natives was filmed.
6. The Shore – Majestic Tour Stop 8
Another scene from Sunshine on Leith was filmed here. It’s where Ally and Liz sing Letter to America.
7. Waverley Station – Edinburgh Tour Stop 1, Majestic Tour Stop 1 and City Sightseeing Stop 1
Waverley Station can be seen in the 2018 Blockbuster, Avengers: Infinity War. When an ambush takes place on the Concourse, the Black Widow, Captain America and Falcon show up to save the day.
8. Arthurs Seat – Edinburgh Tour stop 3, Majestic Tour Stop 10 and City Sightseeing Stop 10
Scenes from both Chariots of Fire and Trainspotting 2 were both filmed here. Do you remember Spud and Renton running up Arthurs Seat?
9. Greyfriars Kirkyard – Edinburgh Tour Stop 10 and City Sightseeing Stop 7
Everyone knows the stop of Greyfriars Bobby, hop off here to see where some of the scenes were filmed.
10. Forth Bridge – 3 Bridges Tour
Scene from the classic Alfred Hitchcock movie 39 Steps were filmed at the harbour in Queensferry with the Forth Bridge in the background.